A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

mandag den 17. januar 2011

Private View in the Kammergalleriet

Ready for the opening

After a few days of (mild) stress, finally on Saturday, I hosted the Open View for my art show at the “Kammergalleriet” in Lemvig. It goes without saying that the last week was fairly busy, nervous and (well...) a bit stressed. I made notes constantly - I continuously thought of things I’d forgotten, and before I knew it, my white sheet of paper was full of notes and loose thoughts, regarding the show and the preparations. On top of it, you always have the fear and nervousness as to how your work will be received.


On Friday afternoon, Dad and I went to the gallery and started hanging the work. Although I had a good feeling for the room and even had it’s dimensions, I still had a nervous feeling that perhaps my work would not be able to fill the walls. But luckily they did, perfectly.


Dad and I worked for a couple of hours. I did various practical things and decided the order of the work. Dad hung it on the walls, very perfectionistic. I took care that the numbers (or letters) added up to the price

list. After (what felt like) a long night, we went home, fairly ready for Saturday.


I went to the gallery early the next morning, to get the last few bits in order (there’s always something!) and by 12:30 guests started to show up. I had invited a few old friends I knew lived in the area, some new friends, family and friends of family. Three friends of mine from school, even took the long drive from Århus - a huge and happy surprise to me. The place was packed, and I felt very, very grateful for the support, and all the stunning, amazing flowers that was given to me. I had brought these brown boots I was going to wear for the opening, but got so sidetracked that I never put them on, and instead wore trainers the entire day. Pretty funny! I still can’t quite believe what an amazing day it was - I went to bed that night, flying on a little happy cloud...


Here's a few images from the hanging as well as the opening. And more gallery pictures will (undoubtedly) follow!