A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

torsdag den 17. juli 2008

My Very First "Real" Painting!


As mentioned, I was just back in Denmark on vacation. For a while I had thought about this one painting, my very first oil on canvas. I was wondering if my parents still had it. I was nine when I painted it, so it was a while back! But my parents don’t through anything away, and sure enough, Dad went to the loft and came back with the painting a few moments later. I had forgotten how it really looked, expected something slightly different, although I did remember something about a green & red birds, a nest and some eggs... Well, this is a special painting to me, as I remember making it, remember how proud I was, making a “real” painting on canvas. I painted it at my art teachers house (she lived in a lovely old school with lots of space), and it was only the second week of art class, I remember that clearly. I also remember bringing it back to my parents, feeling more proud than I can say. For some reason the oil and the canvas was what made it “real” and somehow more important than the other drawings and paintings I had done on paper, cardboard and whatever else I could find.

Well, I had to pack it in my suitcase coming back to Jersey, it took the journey well and is now hanging over the door in my studio as a happy & special memory...