A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

mandag den 14. juli 2008

A Suitcase Show



Exactly a week ago today, I (with great help from my husband, Kevin) hung a show in Holstebro, about half an hour drive from my hometown of Lemvig. I was asked if I’d like to exhibit at Midtjyske Medier (the office of a newspaper) a while back, and thought it would be fun to show some new work in Denmark. Kevin & I (and of cause little Playdoh) just spent about a month in Denmark on vacation, and we brought all the art along in a huge brown box for this show that I am calling “En Kuffertudstilling” (a suitcase show) as we did, literately, bring every piece from NY to Copenhagen with SAS!

The place has a great atmosphere, the walls were great, and after a long day of deciding, moving, drinking strong tea & changing minds, we finally had the show put on the walls. And I was actually very happy with the result. If you are in the area, please stop by and have a look - the show will be up until the end of August.