A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

onsdag den 30. juli 2008

Back To Work



When ever I go away for a while, I still collect bits of ideas for paintings, seem to be an ongoing, never ending process, and I just can’t wait to start the work when I get back. And although my vacation in Denmark was extremely busy this year, I still found myself with various thoughts of new work; Pictures I came across, sayings, and the great selection of brand new multi-patterned, multi-colored wall paper that seem to be in fashion back there right now.

It is already more than two weeks ago we returned, but I have been very busy ever since, working on my new venture; an art school for kids, here in Metuchen (see more under “Art Classes”).

This is a project I am very excited about, and I am still working on the lesson plans, as well as the marketing material. But it is moving along nicely and I am almost there...

Then yesterday I decided to spend the whole day in my studio, get some of these buildup ideas out on canvas, if only the very beginning of the painting. It felt good, and it is just lovely to have unfinished pieces on the easel once again. Almost forgot how nice that feels!