A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

mandag den 12. april 2010

Ideas In Transit

I always, always carry a little black moleskin book with me. Just in case an idea suddenly jumps into my head, I want to be able to capture it there and then, or chances are it disappears into thin air. In this book I have a long list of ideas for titles, motives and color combinations. Many have been in there for years, just quietly brewing, some I use the minute they enter my head. But I like to have this little personal “library”. Sometimes I can’t remember then, where or why, and then they obviously get erased from the list. Others I like instantly, but don’t instantly have a plan for, and I am just waiting for the right moment and the right painting.


A few years ago, we were painting our (then) brand new condo in NJ, and we took a lot of trips to Home Depot. I collected a bunch of color cards and brochures in the painting department. And this was one of them, on the left. I just LOVED the color combination, kept it, knowing that eventually I would need it. And I did - just a few weeks ago, here on Guam, the color scheme fitted perfectly into this painting...