A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

tirsdag den 30. marts 2010

The Perfect Guam Quote

There are a lot of quotes out there, and once in a while you come across one that sums up your life, your situation, or both. I usually don’t look for quotes, but I do wonder if I was meant to stumble upon this one:




“Do what you can,

With what you have,

Where you are”


To me, that is the perfect quote for Guam Living (and probably for living in a lot of other quiet places). Here you are left to your own devices in many respects, and it is up to you to get the best out of it. NJ is busy, busy, busy... On top of that we had NYC around the corner: entertainment and activity was (almost literally) thrown in our laps. The same was the case while living in Tacoma. Everything was at your fingertips, all you needed to do was to reach out and choose between the options and enjoy. Life on Guam takes more effort. You create your own life here, you look inside, and take a step back. This goes for life here in general, but also for art and painting. I no longer have NY’s Art Museums as my cornucopia of inspiration whenever I choose. And perhaps that is a healthy thing to try. It certainly affects the way I live, work and think. It is time for reflection...