A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

torsdag den 18. februar 2010

The Arrival of a new Art Book

”Painting People - figure painting today” by Charlotte Mullins

When I went to the base this morning, and checked my PO Box, I got a pleasant and very anticipated surprise: the ART BOOK I ordered on Amazon months ago (”Painting People - figure painting today” by Charlotte Mullins) had finally arrived!


Guam is in many ways a different world, so isolated and remote, and somehow it takes the mail months to get onto this island, and into my PO Box... But anyway - I got my book, and couldn’t wait to get home, make a cup of tea, put some great music on and open it... I still haven’t, I am trying to hold on to the excitement just a little bit longer...


A new art book on Guam is my closest substitute for an Art Museum. Since here’s no MoMA, Guggenheim, commercial galleries, or anything remotely close, this book will be my next art experience. The Internet is also invaluable, for inspiration, art news, brand new pieces of works, shows, etc., But there’s something extra special about a book. Better go make the tea, and put on the right kind of music...