A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

fredag den 12. september 2008

# 2 Art Class

It has just been the second week of the Art Class for Kids, and we were going to explore Still-Life. Only two kids were able to make it for this class (the third one came on his own on Thursday instead) but I sensed that they both felt a bit less shy - definitely more talking and a bit more relaxed although it is still a very quiet group. I started out with a short slideshow, I wanted to show different still life; vases, flowers, fruits & drapery, but I also found a few more unusual subjects, such as dolls heads and an ipod!

I had a vase with sunflowers ready on the table, as well as a small fruit bowl. I didn’t want to restrict the elements they had to work from, and so pencils, paint brushes & erasers were used too. The main goal was that they really looked at the object, and painted what they saw, not just what they assumed they saw! And I think they all three did a really good job.

They did a few sketches first, to decide which of the object they wanted to concentrate on, and later moved on to a sheet of water color paper, where they first drew the object and then used water color.

Just like last week, I was impressed with their attention to detail, and the concentration they put in the painting. They each produced one really well made piece, apart from their beginning sketches.

Next week is people and charcoal...