A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

torsdag den 13. oktober 2011

Huxi & Chico's Portrait!


As my very last project before leaving Denmark, I have worked on this pet portrait of Huxi and Chico.

They are good friends of mine (as is their owner) and it was fun to make this portrait which became extra personal because I knew them all. And also because I was able to do the portrait in this vintage poster inspired style.

I have painted only a few boston terriers other than Playdoh, and it was interesting to do it again. Even though they look so alike in real life, painting them is different. You look out for the small details that make them who they are, and not JUST another boston terrier.

And pugs - what can I say - they are always both fun and challenging to paint.

I was nervous showing the finished work (I always am) but they liked it a lot, and I got this photo from where it now hangs in the living room, on the huge, main wall. It looks like Huxi is content with his portrait as well.