A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

torsdag den 19. maj 2011

My Improvised Studio

My improvised, borrowed and very stunning studio.



A while ago I was contacted by the local TV station (TV Midtvest), they asked to come visit me for an episode of their cultural series Nærbilleder. They wanted to look at my work, as well as the work of another painter, (Niels Steen Sørensen) who paints strong, masculine bulls, among other subjects. The focus was feminine/ masculine art.


I was very excited, but also a bit nervous about the whole thing. I had never been filmed before, and wasn’t sure how I would react. But obviously I said YES, anything else would have been crazy!

My situation is a bit strange: I am only in Denmark for a year, and so I don’t have the perfect work conditions. I have made it work, but it really was not suitable for TV. So I started to think a bit creatively. A couple of friends of mine live in a beautiful house in the country side. During Easter I was at an event at their house, they had just refinished an old garage. It had been turned into a nice white room, with a raw wood ceiling. It had huge windows, with a view of the water. Basically, it couldn’t be better!

I asked if I could borrow the room for the filming, they said yes - and thanks to them, their help and kindness, I had the best surroundings possible to present my work.

These are pictures from this beautiful space. My improvised studio. I have amazing friends, and feel very privileged.


To watch the show - please click this link:

http://www.tvmidtvest.dk/nettv/?id=6341