A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

onsdag den 7. januar 2009

New Year - New Thoughts

Happy New Year! It is January once again, and the beginning of a new year always inspires me to look over my work, and kind of sum up the year and consider new ideas & thought that have fallen into my mind the past few months (for me, it seems fall is time for thoughtfulness and reflection - much more so than the rest of the year)


I was recently looking through my art books, I have so many of them and I noticed how different the art and artists was. I look at different artists for very different things. Art that may not seem connected, somehow finds a connection for me. Some artists I look at for creativity or spontaneity, some for their use of color or patterns. Some are masters of the craft or amazing collage artists. Or they (literally) have their way with words, visually. So many amazing artists - my personal inspiration list is long and - quite possibly - endless and varies, depending on what I am working on. But, here’s just a few names that popped up, during my recent “curiosity check” in my library as well as some new names I have recently come across - in random order:


Clayton Brothers

Frida Kahlo

Tony Fitzpatrick

Elizabeth Clayton

Paula Rego

John Corrin

Sabrina Ward Harrison

Tine Helleshøj

Kehinde Wiley

Nicky Hoberman

Bo Bartlett

Hung Lui