A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

tirsdag den 26. august 2008

Daily Painters

I have mentioned in the past that I make these little portraits, inspired by vintage advertisements. I like the small format - they become studies for faces, as well as experiments with color and texture of the background. And I love how they happen so quick, I often don’t even think about it before they appear. They tend to decide for themselves, which is very exciting for me, as I always plan my paintings ahead, almost down to the smallest detail.

I have just made a new gallery on my website for those paintings in particular. Daily Painters is a movement where the members paints a few small paintings a week and post them for sale right away. I am not a member of the group, but I am intrigued by the concept and I decided to give these little (if not daily, then weekly) paintings their own page in my web gallery...