A blog about my work and the way it happens. Things I see, hear, feel and find interesting, funny, odd or just plain curious. News about Everything and Anything Art wise, Expected or Unexpected. This blog is an open work diary for myself, and you are very welcome to follow me on my journey...

mandag den 27. december 2010

Holy Smoke!

Holy Smoke 21" x 17"/ 53 x 43 cm

I recently finished this painting, Holy Smoke. It is actually a motif/idea I have worked on before, a couple of times. I felt a need to rework the image, chance the color scheme, as well as the way the figure was placed.


The inspiration for this painting, originally came from a picture in an old LIFE magazine I bought in Tacoma, WA, years back. Something makes me return to this photo of a very stylish, beautiful and relaxed woman, enjoying a smoke outside.


I added the wings and the play on words - and became quite taken by the image.


I guess some people paint the same hill, tree or lake multiple times. I suppose my thing is that I keep painting a smoking angel...









On the left: the old news paper picture of the smoking woman, who were to become an angel!